Mar

Princess Louise Dragoon Guards Emblem – World War II

Image: Princess Louise Dragoon
4th Princess Louise Dragoon Guards Emblem
Taken March 1, 2008 with Canon PowerShot A550

For more information on the 4th Princess Louise Dragoon Guards, please click here.

Posted in Photography | 6 Comments

6 Responses to Princess Louise Dragoon Guards Emblem – World War II

1. Burst says:

were on earth did you find that…

Les Says: It belongs to my father, who was one of the Dragoon Guards stationed in Belgium in 1943… Cool, huh? 🙂

2. John Ashline says:

Les,
    I think I found what I was looking for. My Uncle John Hogan was in the Princess Louise Dragoon Guards (named after him) and was killed in Italy in 1944. Do you know if they were part of the 5th Canadian Armed Div.? I’m going to get a tattoo of the Emblem and want to get it right. My Mom’s family was from the Montreal area. Thanks for the great picture, I wonder if the tattoo artist can use it.

• Les says:

I have no problem with your tattoo artist using my photo as a base. Send me a pic when you get it!

Still working on finding out about the 5th Canadian Armed Div. My research capabilities are rather limited, sorry. 🙁

3. Tim Frank says:

Just stumbled across your website while doing some research for a friend who whose father was a “PLUG” during WWII.

Not to be picky, but you state that :

Not sure what your historical knowledge is, but D-Day was June 1944, so the accuracy of your statement about the Plugs being in Belgium in 1943 is a bit iffy…:)

Rgds,
    Tim

• Les says:

You could very well be right, Tim – I know my dad SAID 1943, but he may have meant 1944. He’s been gone since 2008, though, so I’ll have to go through his war letters to my mom and see what I can find.

4. Don Mullen says:

Great to see.
    My brother sister and I cherish our Dads Military belongings as we proudly remember him and his brothers at arms for their service. He was with the PLDG from 39 to 45