May

We Have Our Winner!

Caption Contest
“You’re not Morgan Freeman!”

The winning caption was written by Dale of Passion of the Dale, a fellow Canuckian, I might add. No, I didn’t “fix” it. I’m not that patriotic.

And those that didn’t win, not to mention those that didn’t enter the contest (shame on you!), can get a copy of Natalie d’Arbeloff’s “The God Interviews” by clicking Here.

Congratulations, Dale! I know you’ll love “The God Interviews”.

As will any cats you read it to.

Random song for the Day: “Opera Singer” – Cake

Posted in Artsy Fartsy, Blog-Family, Book Mentions, Contests, Little Bits of Stupid, The Big "Extra Copy" Caption Contest | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , | 7 Comments

7 Responses to We Have Our Winner!

Congratulations, Dale! I think he actually does look like Morgan Freeman a bit in the drawing, but I’m so old, I would have been looking for George Burns.

Okay, fine. I’ll be in my room with the flying Wallendas, pouting. 🙂

Les Says: Awww, Elle… you had a good run! I was almost certain it would be tied and then we’d have to come up with some spectacularly unique tie-breaker contest.

Ummm…. could you send me a Wallenda…?

Take two, they’re small. Oh, and they fly, so they’re hard to keep up with. Two Wallendas, no waiting.

Les Says: TWO?! This is a small place – where will I store them? Do they stack?

3. Pingback: Cardiogirl: 19% body fat 100% fun » And the winner is … Dale!

I, too, thought the Wallendas had it in the bag. But it was fun watching the polls! I think I might want a Wallenda, too — especially if they’re compact.

Les Says: I’ll send you one of mine… turns out, they DON’T stack. 🙁

5. Aimee says:

Congrats to Dale…jealous!

Les Says: Oh, Aimee – you should buy one for yourself. The price is low, and the book really IS the coolest thing…!

6. OldGuy says:

Oh darn, I didn’t come around and vote. Oh well, that was my favourite anyway.

Les Says: Oh, see, OldGuy?! You won, too! Sort of. 😉

7. Ak-Man says:

I know it’s too late to enter… but I just popped in from another blog which inspired my late (and probably winning entry if I could time travel) entry.

Check this out:

“Does my bum look big in this?”

Les Says: ROTFL!! You coulda been a contender, Ak-Man! Now, of course, it would be:

“Does Morgan Freeman’s bum look big in this?” 🙂