…but Suzi tagged me with a meme, and I’ll do it because she kinda scares me (she drinks MOLD!).
Before I get to that, though, I would like to point out the peacefulish picture above. That’s how life has been lately, although I’m pretty much either at work, or asleep. That’s right – I said asleep. Insomnia no longer plagues me.
I think it helps that I’m outside a lot, running a lot, eating more…. And I get to dance at work (I don’t dance alone – I make everybody dance). I’m finally working a “Dream Job” again…. This is the one I dreamed of having when I was 4. Guess I’m late with pretty much everything.
I haven’t had any time to write – I only just got my little Basement Loft back in order after three weeks of doing NO housework other than laundry. It took me less than an hour. I moved to the right place, didn’t I? 🙂
Okay, so on to the dreaded meme. I’m supposed to come up with 7 random things about myself that few, if any, people know. I don’t think there’s 7 random things about me that *I* know, truthfully, but I’ll give it a shot (I told you that Suzi scares me, right?).
1) I have one eyebrow. Or I would have one eyebrow, if I didn’t delete the bit between what would make two eyebrows.
2) I’ve lived in 22 different places (abodes, not cities) in my lifetime. That’s equivalent to moving house once every 1.9 years. Pretty bad for someone who doesn’t adapt to change easily, huh?
3) I shaved my head when I was 35. I told everybody I did it for charity (which was true, really – hey, I raised $500!), but really it was because I had always wanted to see what I’d look like, and the charity-thing gave me a good excuse to do so.
4) I’m going to shave my head again when I’m 50. You can hold me to that (…and this time, I might keep it shaved.).
5) After I moved into my first apartment here in the Sault, I lived in my claw-foot bathtub. When I wasn’t at work, I was in a hot bath with a book. I even ate my meals in the bathroom.
6) My first marriage wasn’t supposed to be a marriage. I was asked to have a child, not get married. I only got the “married” part because I wouldn’t have a child out of wedlock at the age of 19. My husband never got the child part, so I guess I didn’t hold up my end of the bargain.
7) My one and only child was born out of wedlock. We didn’t get married until two months after she was born, and then we got married through the mail. I’m a bad, BAD girl, I guess. 😉
Now I’m supposed to tag a bunch of other people. I’m not going to, though.
Random Song for the Day: “America” – Marcy Playground
Here we go folks… sigh…*
‘Tis the Season to be Meme-ing…
5 things in my fridge.
1. An odd smell…
3. Three containers of mostly full margarine.
4. “A macaroni & cheese casserole that turned into a science experiment several weeks ago.”
Is that what that was…? I feel sick…
5. Lightbulb. (aside from the burnt out one that I can’t get unscrewed, that is.) It’s the replacement, left there in disgust when the old one wouldn’t come out. And because we all know that light bulbs stored in the fridge last longer. Or is that pantyhose…?
5 Items in my closet
How much does that suck?!
5 items in my car (If I had a car to put five items in… bearing in mind that if I ever have a car, it will have to be big enough for a minibar…)
1. Built-in computer networked to my building with state-of-the-art ultraspeed satellite internet. (Duh.)
2. My chauffeur. Somebody’s gotta drive.
3. My bartender. Somebody’s gotta mix the drinks.
4. My kid. Because she’s cool and I like hangin’ out with her.
5. Either Ellen DeGeneres (who would be telling me how glad she was she gave me that camera after all), or Val Kilmer (who would be signing my contract – Come on, Val… you know you want to…). Screw it, it’s my car; they can both come as long as they don’t bicker.
5 items in my purse (I don’t carry a purse – so I’ll use the pockets of my cargoes)
1. Keys. In case they lock me out.
2. My hanky.
3. My cigarettes. I’m sorry, okay?
4. My digital camera.
5. My cell phone. ‘Cause we all know I’m gonna get lost.
And as amended: (or perhaps, more justifiably, in retribution:)
5 ways to leave your lover
1. In court.
2. In tears.
3. In pain.
4. In jail.
5. In traction.
I’m tagging these favourites (apologies all around):
1. Suzi, of I’ll Tell You What It Shwaz, which sucks for her because she’s right in the middle of a big pile of “busy” right now… Sorry, Suzi. Well, sort of sorry…
2. Bonanza Jellybean, back “fresh” from the horse show.
3. Deni, The Last Girl on Earth, just ‘cuz I’m dying to know what a professional musician from New York City has in her fridge…
4. Julie, of Julie Goes to Hollywood fame, just ‘cuz I’m dying to know what a professional screenwriter in Hollywood has in her fridge… Does she have a fridge, and does she even need one, she of the Hollywood Power Lunch/Dinner/Drinks Meeting? (Damn, but I’m jealous…)
5. Val Kilmer, of The Salton Sea, because if he’s gonna ride in my car, dammit, he’s darn well gonna pay for it somehow!